About me......

My photo
Hi guys welcome to my blog. This is for anyone who has a slight obsession with nail polish! From new products, reviews and swatches. As well as nail polish I love anything girly such as jewellery, cosmetics, fashion and of course shoes. If you are a girly girl please feel free to check it out t x

Monday 18 October 2010

Mini beauty haul

Hey lovely ladies

Hope you are all well.

So on my travels I bought a couple of random beauty products so thought I share with you what I got....

Rimmel Lash Accelerator
Jergens Naturals Ultra Hydrating Moisturiser
Collection 2000 Waterproof Fast Stroke eyeliner
Models Own Car Key Collection - Purple Ash
MAC Venomous Villains Maleficent collection nail polish - Mean and Green
MAC Venomous Villains Maleficent collection mineral eyeshadow - She who dares

Rimmel Lash Accelerator - £6
I picked this up because I had read some reviews on this as it is supposed to help your lashes grow. As someone that has tiny stumps for lashes I was willing to give anything a try. I currently use the brand Talika (if you want to know more about this please let me know). To be honest I found this a bit hard to apply as my lashes are so short but a cotton bud came in handy!!! However I do think I have started to notice a difference. When I curl my lashes I can now see them in the curler so they have definitely got longer. I would say for £6 it is worth a try.


Jergens Naturals Ultra Hydrating Moisturiser - about £3 currently on offer at Tesco
Firstly what a bargain. I am super impressed with this moisturiser. I moisturise my skin every time I get out of the shower as I do suffer from really dry skin and find lots of other brands really greasy and thick. This went on smoothly and sunk in straight away. This is a definite repurchase especially when the budget is a bit tight and looking forward to trying the others in the range.


Collection 2000 Waterproof Fast Stroke eyeliner - £3.99 (ish)
I have tried many liners in my time but my ultimate favourite is the original Fast Stroke eyeliner. I use it every day and would not be without it. So I was super excited when I saw they did a waterproof one as again like all my other problems of short lashes and dry skin I have a nightmare with eye products running, so I had to try this (as you can see I am a complete nightmare lol). Well all I can say is what a disappointment!! It does not go on nice and dark like the original and by the end of the day just flaked off. I generally cry alot when I laugh (yes very attractive) so that was a good test but as if by magic it had disappeared from my eyes!! My opinion just go with the original it has far more staying power and well worth the money.


Models Own Car Key Collection - Purple Ash - £5
I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this polish. The consistency, the colour everything. Not gonna harp on about how great it is as you all know I think MO polishes are fab. So here is a very rushed swatch:


MAC Venomous Villains Maleficent collection nail polish - Mean and Green - £8
I have to say I was intrigued by this polish as I am not really one for shimmers/duo chromes. WOW I have totally changed my opinion as I love this polish. This is my first MAC polish and definitely the start of a love affair and I can see my collection growing. I did use the MO Purple Ash as a base as I have heard that this polish would need about 4 coats to get an even coverage and I have to agree, so definitely good to use a dark base.


MAC Venomous Villains Maleficent collection - mineral eyeshadow - She who dares - £18
Preedyyyyyyy - I am off to the U.S on my holidays next week and was going to wait to buy this but I was having a browse at the MAC counter and I just could not wait. It is stunning and love the fact you it has so many colours that you can go as dark as you want and if you add water you can make them into a liner which I have not tried yet. The colour lasted all night and did not end up all over my face. Again not tried MAC eyeshadows before but will definitely be adding more to my collection.

So there you have it,my little haul Let me know what you think and if you have any products you love and could not be without as I am always looking to try new things :o)
t xxx

6 comments:

  1. wow, lovely haul!! I just posted my haul awhile back ^_^.

    crazypoplock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, that purple ash looks gorgeous, the last one I bought from Models Own was Mystic Mauve. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul. :) Please let us know your experience with talika, I always wanted to have longer lashes. I want to try that rimmel mascara too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh nice!! the rimmel lash accelerator..do u like it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. im not a fan of collection 2000 liquid liner too cos it flakes of...such a drag cos it dries to quickly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey lovely ladies

    Thank you for your comments

    crazypoplock - off to check out your blog now sweetie

    VampiressDoll - ooo what is Mystic Mauve like?

    Miss ♥ Nikka and Rinz - did this Rimmel was worth a go for £6 still using it now. Will do a Talkia review soon if you like

    pinkyliciousvita - I love the original collection 2000 liner but the new one is pants. Which ones do you recommend as love trying new things

    thanks ladies

    t xxx

    ReplyDelete